Monday, April 30, 2012

Guest Post: Beauty and the Beard

First of all I cannot tell you how excited I am to have lovely guest posts lined up until I get back on Friday. I hope you ladies enjoy what they've come up with (I know I do!). First up is my favorite blogging friend Laura from Beauty & the Beard. Why you ask? Not only does she cook great things on her blog and come up with amazing DIY projects, she is also a fellow badger like me! We didn't know each other in college, but any girl that puts cheese on everything is okay in my book. Thank you SO much for putting a post together for me. I know I ran out to Target and purchased everything you posted about for my trip. Now go check out her blog- you will not be disappointed! 


Hello you lovely styleash readers! 
Although I'm a little mad at Ashley for being in Mexico, I guess the fact she asked me to do a guest post makes up for it [butnotreally]. I'm Laura from Beauty & the Beard and am someone who has flying down to a science..or at least...being ready for a plane ride down to a science. I was just in the air this weekend, and so coming up with in-flight essentials and the best outfit to wear on a plane wasn't too difficult!
-------------------------------
Now, don't look at this list and assume I'm a boring grandma. I promise I'm a fun 24 year old- but trust me, these are 6 necessities for flying:
 1. Whether it's dehydration from plane hopping or a baby crying in aisle 4, headaches happen. Be ready.
2. Keep bobby pins handy to keep your hair out of your way. I mean, I guess this is a necessity day-to-day, but if you're stressed out finding your boarding passes, the last thing you need is your hair up in your grill.
3. Airplanes are dry. Fact. Keep your lips from cracking!
4. Ear popping stinks, and chewing gum (and yawning!) will help the process during takeoff and landing.
5. Babies cry, old men snore, dudes play their iPods too loud. Bring ear plugs for a quiet ride.
6. Please, for the love of what/whomever your believe in, BRING HAND SANITIZER. Do you have any idea how many people touched that SkyMall magazine today? No? You don't want to. Bleh.

--------------------------
Yes, if we lived in the glory days of flying where it was an honor to ride a plane and there wasn't 20 layers of security, I'd be dressed to the nines flying too. Times have changed, but there's no need to look like you just rolled out of bed either! If all else fails: layer, layer, layer.

1. Layering is key, so start with a basic tee in case the plane gets hot! No one likes to be sweaty, it's a fact.
2. A big cardigan is a great way to layer- comfortable, loose, and warm enough in case the plane gets chilly.
3. Stretchy pants. Black skinnies. Enough said.
4. Flats, or other easy slip on shoes. You know you'll need to take your shoes off for security, so don't waste your time tying on tennis shoes or pulling on high riding boots. Simple, comfy flats are the way to go.
5. If you're still hoping to be stylish (which I'm sure you are since you read styleash), make sure to wear plastic jewelry! There's plenty of cute plastic chains out there- they're light and won't set off any metal detectors. In my last flight I had a nice old TSA pat down because I was wearing a metal watch & necklace. Totally dropped the ball there. 

**Items to avoid? Anything that is tight or requires a lot of effort to take off and on. Flying should be comfortable and easy!

Thanks so much for having me Ash, hope you're having a great time in Mexico!

4 comments:

  1. Love this post, Laura. Hair up in your grill made me laugh. Perfect picks for travel made easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well it's so true!! Or maybe i just have ridiculously unruly hair...

      Delete
  2. Couldn't agree more with your choices, Laura! Loving that plane outfit too :) Ashley - safe travels, honey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for having me pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete