Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday's Fancies: Pretty in Pastels

Happy Friday! This week {av} wanted us to showcase one of Spring's most popular trends: pastels. If you're unsure of the trend I'd go with a cheap fashion piece like a pastel belt or that cute watch. But, if you're feeling daring, I'd pair a pastel blouse/dress with something edgier like a black leather jacket. I think the contrast instantly looks chic. What do you think of the trend? Any styling tricks you prefer?
pastel
ASOS Color Block Flats Topshop Shorts / ASOS Pastel Skinny Belt / DVF Tank / Nina Ricci Scarf / Topshop Lace Bralet / Essie 'To Buy or Not to Buy' / Equipment Blouse / Topshop Lime Jeans / ASOS Pastel Jelly Watch / Oasis Colorblock Dress / Pastel Envelope Clutch

This weekend I have zero plans. The boyfriend has been gone all week and I cannot wait to pick him up from airport at 3 this afternoon (counting the minutes). And then my mom's having a little happy hour tonight & that's it. It's nice not to have any set plans and I will most likely finish organizing my closet (I started 2 days ago). It's still in shambles which is typical of my messy self. What are your plans this weekend? 

15 comments:

  1. I need to clean my closet, good luck with the task! I love that pleated dress and those green jeans, so pretty! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zero plans sounds awesome!!!!! Enjoy it! Love the set you put together! xoxo A-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your picks - the dress is gorgeous! :)

    Laura xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh that ASOS watch! I've had my eye on it for quite some time now. I just love it! The ASOS flats are super cute as well. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pieces you chose... especially the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm coveting all of these pieces right now!! Especially the Oasis dress, Equipment blouse, ASOS watch and flats. *swooooon*

    ReplyDelete
  7. love those flats & that green clutch!

    xx, ashlyn
    www.letitbebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pleated dress is GORGEOUS! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh I love this post! I'm crazy loco nuts for pastels right now. Love the dress, scarf and watch!

    I actually just did a post on pastels myself! Feel free to check it out for some additional pastel inspiration :)

    Def following and would love a follow back :)

    xx
    holly foxen wells
    www.threelayercake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. GAH I LOVE THAT DRESS! mmhmm. i pinned it the other day. too great! love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my goodness I want everything! especially that gorgeous dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE pastels. Those flats are divine. So glad I stumbled across your blog, you have a new follower!

    xx
    www.adoredbyalex.com

    ReplyDelete