Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Working It


This post is a little different for me as it doesn't really pertain to fashion or style. But hey, change is good. If you've been reading with me since January you know one of my goals was to join a gym. I am happy to report that I indeed accomplished this and now need to start a new goal of forcing myself to workout. I'm using this as my inspiration (and because I just bought my tickets to The Hunger Games movie- I know, I know really lame). 
Funny Encouragement Ecard: I work out because I know I would've been the first to die in the Hunger Games.

I seriously discussed this with my roommates. 


In honor of hitting the gym more frequently I've put together a few things that I (hope) will get me motivated & living a healthier lifestyle.

workout

My mom is a Pilates instructor with her own studio, she swears by Zella workout wear (and she's basically an expert on spandex clothing). I know I'm a big Nordstrom groupie (I did do my internship there) but the Zella leggings in particular are the best.thing.ever. Other essentials: Nike Free Running shoes which are incredibly light weight, the personal blender is the perfect way to make a smoothie in the morning without the mess, and Eat-Yourself-Skinny has become my new favorite website since I refuse to give up cocktails/eating mac & cheese to lose weight.

I am by no means a fitness expert, but these things seem to work well for me. How do you motivate yourself to get to the gym? 





9 comments:

  1. I have to say that I need to work out 4-6 days per week because it just makes me feel better when I do it. Yes, it hurts, but I also FEEL better and my whole day is instantly better. My eating is instantly regulated and I just feel good. Also, this year my sister, my sister's boyfriend and I are running a half marathon, so that's my inspiration to keep strong and keep going. I don't want to back down. I'm proud of you Ashley! You can do it!! And it looks like you've got some great inspiration here yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute gym clothes are a great motivator! I am right there with ya and having to force myself to go- I need to go right about now, actually! :) Everyone keeps talking about The Hunger Games... I think it is time for me to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha... great post! I love your picks too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! It might motivate me to go to the gym! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Investing in a gym membership or new gym clothes is a huge motivator for me! I feel like a waste if I don't get my money's worth out of it!

    xo Audrey
    mangosmiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that e-card!! And I have that water bottle and it is the best!! Trying to be better about going to my gym.... it's so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting to the gym is the hardest part! Especially after work! www.casualglamorous.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adore Someecards - they say things so well... It is tough... I have such a hard time staying motivated. Lately, I just tell myself that I have to do it... force myself up out of bed and GO. But it's much easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to look at that Carb Lovers' Diet - I am counting my calories but it's so hard because I love pasta so much!

    ReplyDelete