Tuesday, February 28, 2012

In The Middle

All through college it was all about the mini skirt or dress for me. I would pair it with a flowy blouse or a blazer to leave a little to the imagination. Lately when I've been looking for dresses, I've found myself choosing a lot of midi dresses with looser silhouette (I'm such a grown up now). I especially love ones with a cinched waist so you can throw on a belt w/ some flat sandals & you're ready to go. It's the perfect spring/summer dress and all of these bright colors have me itching for a day at the beach. My only concern is that if you don't have supermodel legs it may not look as flattering on a petite frame (but I haven't tried too many on). So tell me, Have you tried the midi trend? Love it or leave it?
midi red
one // two // three // four

midi blue
five // six // seven // eight

6 comments:

  1. I love that topshop pleated dress in orange! I actually have more dress in this length than anything else. I think they look classic. ;)
    Because Shanna Said So

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, love #7- but all of them are great. pretty sure i can't pull off that length- i'm wayyy too short! oh- and make sure you stop by the blog today girl, you're mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I love #1 and #6! If only they were mini dresses; I'm about 5'4" and I find that I look much better in shorter skirts and dresses than I do in longer ones. Basically if it reaches my knees, that's about long enough.

    Jess // Curating Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving number four, but I havent tried this length yet! I am anxious to do so because I do think it's a little more appropriate for multiple occasions...fingers crossed it will work:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the one on the top right. I would definitely love to wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5-8 are my favorites, but let's be real, I am in love with 1-8! I am drawn to the greens and blues, I need to start branching out with more color! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete