Thursday, February 16, 2012

Friday's Fancies: Mexico or Bust

For this week's Friday's Fancies we each picked a place we wanted to travel and then made an outfit around that. It just so happens that on Valentine's Day my boyfriend and I booked a trip to Mexico for our 7 year anniversary the last weekend in April. We have never gone on a long trip like this before and I can't tell you how excited I am. We're staying here:

Pools & gardens

And once I get to the beach I plan on making this my staple outfit:

Friday
coverup // suit // sandals // tote // earrings // hat // towel

I actually already own this cover-up, so I worked around that to find inexpensive accessories to go with it. I like to keep my bathing suits simple- and this coral one with bow accents is perfect for laying out. I am not much of a hat person, but I really want a fedora- I think it looks so cute with a pair of sunglasses and flat sandals like these ones from H&M. I don't like to wear expensive jewelry on the beach so those Kate Spade earrings in a fun orange color are just right.

What is everyone doing this weekend? I plan to hit up Chicago's Restaurant Week & fit a little time in with the boyfriend who's been gone all week. 

23 comments:

  1. Ah, I could use a vacation to Mexico right now. And I'd definitely bring that bikini! So adorable!

    xoxo,
    Joelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of this Ashley! I'd go to Mexico too! Let's go right now! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this outfit is ADORABLE. that coral color is so in. i picked a similar hat to go with my get away outfit too. nothing like beachwaves and a fedora with sunglasses. pinch me. i wish i was not at work!!

    [newest follower!]

    cheeriosandbeer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes, you must go. That resort looks ahhh-mazing! Great bathing suit and cover up too.

    Have a fab weekened girl :)

    xo,
    Cher

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous of your trip my dear, and you will so look fabulous in this outfit! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great outfit! I love, love, love that bathing suit!

    Have a great weekend! :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh so jealous of your trip! Lucky!

    Love your outfit, thats totally my dream outfit for everyday. LOVE the beach

    xoxo
    eileen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo, I hope you have a great trip! The outfit is perfect for a day on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok I am loving that bikini! Actually, the whole outfit. Gorgeous picks, love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lucky duck. i wanna go see clear water -- i miss it!
    love that bathing suit. so cute :]
    have a great trip.

    xx
    ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where are you going in Mexico? I LOVE it there! I actually did my post on Cabo today! I seriously could move there! You are going to have so much fun!!

    Because Shanna Said So

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, such a beautiful place!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. THat looks incredible!! And what a perfect look for Mexico, the coral bathing suit is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Liking the cover up...super cute and way better than a tshirt!

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the orange bikini!

    xoxo navy & orange

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I bet you're going to have a great time on your trip! I'd totally wear the outfit you put together and we both picked the same bag this week too! =D

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's so exciting!! Don't you love having a trip to look forward to?! I love that cover up, I've been looking for one! And I just bought a hat just like that from Target! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah Mexico sounds fabulousssss and I think you picked out the perfect outfit. I also really love simple swim suits :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving the tangerine bikini and sandals!! Super cute look!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it! Perfect look for the location! And yay for your trip! Is this Cancun? If you haven't been yet, you should try to venture down to Riviera Maya. It's beautiful and not thaaat far from Cancun. If you're not going to Cancun...ignore me! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awwwww have a fabulous time!!! :) I'm jealous!!! And this is such an adorable outfit & bikini! You are going to have a great time! Congrats on the 7 years!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh you lucky girl!! it is snowing outside right now and i would kill to be somewhere warm. that outfit is perfect for you trip!

    ReplyDelete