Monday, January 23, 2012

Spend or Save: Coral Skinnys

Toothpick jean in garment-dyed twill

                                                            J.Crew $108                                                                     Forever 21 $16                                                    

I'm all about colored denim- in any color- but I'm not quite sure if I can pull off the look. Since pastels are going to be a big hit this Spring I started looking for denim in a hue that isn't as saturated. I found these skinny jeans at J.Crew and fell in love with every color (especially the coral) but $108 is hard to justify for a trend that may not stick around forever. I was so excited to find these budget friendly ones at Forever 21- even though they're slightly darker. How do you feel about colored denim? How would you style them? I'd love to know!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my! I can't believe you found these coral skinnies for only $16 at Forever 21! You are def good at finding great deals. And they look just as good to me! Wow!

    XO,

    Sam
    www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are fun! I like the J Crew ones better.... maybe wait until they go on sale. Also you can always dye them once the trend is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! I might have to make a little stop at Forever 21 now... The nice thing about colored denim is you can find them in all sorts of price ranges. I am currently loving the ones in kelly green. I feel like you can even wear them now instead of waiting for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm partial to the J. Crew ones (of course)...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great find! I love Forever 21 for trendy buys. Of course the J.Crew jeans are amazing, but depending on the fit, the Forever 21 are a close second! I would wear the J.Crew jeans with a cheetah blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always like to try trends Im not sure of yet in the cheaper version (F21, Target, Francesa's) that way I dont feel so bad if I dont rock them as much as I paid for them. But I am also cheap ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost bought those coral skinnys! I am so glad I didn't I am heading to F21 tonight! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both -- I'm almost partial to the J.Crew ones just because I'm obsessed with all colors that are blush.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Great find! I love the colored denim look! I've been trying to find a good pair. I tried on the Target ones, but I didn't like the way they fit. I'll have to try the F21 pair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. While I adore the J. Crew pair, with this trend, I'd have to go with the Forever pair. It was a big jump for me to just get a plum pair (as opposed to black). I actually am wearing them much more, but I don't know how often I would wear pastel/bright pants. Can't hurt to test them out! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely LOVE Forever 21 for that very reason...you can try out the trends without spending a fortune. I'm guessing I'll end up going with some bright jeans this spring, not sure what color yet but coral is definitely on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to say I would go with whichever fit the best. I can be very picky about my jeans and if those at f21 fit, consider them sold! I was just thinking about pastel jeans yesterday too!! xo

    ReplyDelete