Thursday, January 19, 2012

Perfectly Messy

I won't lie to you guys and tell you I wake up every morning for work and wash my hair, dry it, curl it, etc. I actually probably only wash my hair 3 times a week. For days when I don't wash it.. you'll usually find it on the top of my head thrown up in a bun (and not the cute top knot kind). At first I felt a little guilty about this- but after perusing various Tumblrs (herehere, & here) I began to find a ton of images of girls with messy hair that looked quite chic. So I have a new stance on throwing your hair up- swipe on some bright lipstick, wear something cute, and head out the door.

My inspiration:







6 comments:

  1. Pretty! Great inspiration! I always put mine in a side braid when I have no idea what else to do with it.

    PS. Enter my Poshlocket bracelet giveaway :)

    http://brileeo.blogspot.com/2012/01/inspired-winner-another-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the look, I think it is very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 'top of the head' bun that's in right now! So easy to do and a good fall back for those 'oops, I didn't wash my hair' days :) I admit to having a few of those a week as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am all about the messy hair look! It is way more fun than straight hair {which is my norm}. That first image is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a messy bun! So comfy and stylish at the same time. I adore that last image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this look, but never can quite pull it off! ha!

    ReplyDelete