Monday, January 9, 2012

Bottle & Bottega





I've lived in a suburb of Chicago my whole life (with the exception of the 4 years I spent away at school) and I feel like this city always has new surprises in store for me. This past Saturday a friend & I went to a public painting class at Bottle And Bottega in Lakeview. Let me preface this post with the fact that I am by no means an artist and have not worked with acrylic paint since 8th grade art. That being said, it was a fantastic experience. The store was bright and welcoming, the staff was friendly and helpful, and despite my lack of art skills- I think my painting turned out quite well. They do private parties, parties at your home, or even parties at a restaurant (with restaurant approval of course)- the possibilities are endless. I would definitely recommend you grab your favorite bottle of wine and go check it out! Here's the class schedule & a few photos from my visit (I apologize in advance for my Blackberry photo quality): 


{Before}

{Plenty of vino}

{Step 1}

{Step 2}

{Tah Dah! Finished product}


images 1 & 2 via

8 comments:

  1. This is right by my house and I've been so curious about it. So you liked it? I think this is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! Your painting turned out excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Your painting looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have done this before and it is so much fun. Your painting is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like so much fun! That's the best thing about living in or near a big city, always something fun and creative to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I grew up in the burbs too - Winnetka! Now I live in NYC, and I'm trying to find a place like this -- nothing better then attempting to be crafty with some wine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so fun!! i've seen this place, but haven't been yet. i def want to go! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg I wish we had a place like this in CA...that looks super fun! Painting + wine? Uhh perfect!

    ReplyDelete