Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Chalk It Up

I lived with 8 girls in college my junior and senior years. To put it gently our house was a disaster (that's a nice description, trust me) the appliances were from the early 90's, the trim was cracking and the tenants before us left us a make-shift bar they built in the middle of the living room made out of plywood. We couldn't get it out, so we decided to paint it with chalkboard paint.


See? I wasn't lying about the state of our apartment & said bar. The paint definitely helped make the bar look a little better (and mask the giant hole..slightly) and it was really fun to play with when we'd all return from a night out. And while I love the look of chalkboard paint, I'm hoping the next project I use it for turns out slightly more like this:


cool_desks_sophia_bush_1

Pinned Image

Pinned Image


Pinned Image

Pinned Image

What do you think? Have you ever used chalkboard paint? Would you paint a whole wall? Or would you keep it simple by painting a few wine glasses? I think I'd go for something similar to the last photo- that green color is really fun. 


image { 1  2 3 4 5 6 }

9 comments:

  1. You finds are a little classier, but I love the idea of having that bar in college. Im sure it got pretty funny! I miss those days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently obsessed with chalkboards. I can't paint my apartment so I'm thinking out getting the sticky wall chalkboard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha great story! I LOVE the tray with chalkboard paint. Such a cool idea for parties! xoxo, e

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a chalkboard wall in our apartment-- I didn't want to do more than one wall but now I'm considering it since I'm practically already out of drawing space! Love the idea of doing it in different colors, and on the inside of a pantry door

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving that second pic with the pop of orange Hermes bag and that tray is just perfection. Makes me hungry too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never used the paint but recently rented a cottage with friends that had a huge framed portion of a chalkboard wall. We had so much fun documenting and drawing silly things that I vow to have one in my next place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've grown up with it! My mom painted our kitchen door (well half of our kitchen door) with chalkboard paint and it has been our biggest life saver! It's so handy, and it's cute, we've used it for a ton of different fun and entertaining purposes. I'd definitely do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can only imagine if we would have had a chalkboard on our bar in college! Oh the days! Can't wait to see what you end up doing, I think its such a fun idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the chalkboard wall. So clever! I totally want to do it in our next house!

    ReplyDelete