Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday's Fancies: Short + Sweet

Yay! It's finally Friday. And I am done with work at 12 today, woo! (Sorry to rub it in) This week Friday's outfit is all about shorts. I love this pair by Splendid because they are casual enough to throw on with a t-shirt or you can dress them up with a silky tank & a blazer. I also really like the clashing patterns. I think the best rule of thumb for mixing patterns is to pair one subtle pattern with a louder one. It's important to keep the colors pretty simple too. 

Untitled #59



What are your plans for the weekend? Graduation Party Season has officially begun for me and I will be attending (3!) on Saturday. I can assure you my crazy Saturday will be followed up by a relaxing Sunday on the boat in Lake Geneva.

Happy Weekend! xx

15 comments:

  1. those polka dot shorts are too cute-- love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those shorts!!! Loving the color combo's too! So pretty!!! Have a great weekend <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the nautical feel of this outfit! And those shorts are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want this entire outfit. Can you wrap it up & send it to me?? Please and thank you. ;)

    Have a fab weekend!!

    Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super super cute shorts. Have a blast celebrating this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is amazing! Like i wish I was wearing it now amazing! Have fun at the parties and the lake :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love love this outfit!! my favorite one. the striped tank and polka dot shorts are great!! totally my style, loving print mixing

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit is adorable, perfect for graduation parties! Have fun!

    xo
    Sam
    www.lepetitepear.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable! Loving those polka dotted shorts everyone is finding! Happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky gal! That sounds like a fun weekend! and I would love to be sporting that outfit!! Happy weekend Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you mixed patterns! So cute! Those shorts are amazing, I would love them to be in my closet! :) Hope you enjoyed your half day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. those shorts and that cami would look so cute together! i love the colors and the mix of patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Polka dots and stripes might be my favorite combination at the moment. The shorts are adorable, I haven't seen these anywhere, do you know where you can buy them? Love the blazer too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. maybe the most perfect outfit ever! love the stripes with the polka dots!

    xoxo navy & orange

    ReplyDelete
  15. stripes, stripes, stripes! can not get enough. I have 4 blue/white striped shirts and every time I go in to target, I find myself eyeing another one. problem? maybe.

    ReplyDelete