Monday, December 5, 2011

Holiday Essentials

For some reason it does not feel like Christmas is only 3 weeks away. I'm having trouble getting into the holiday spirit and can't decide if it's the lack of snow, my full time job, or the tropical vacation I'm going on this Friday. Whatever the reason, I need to jump start my holiday cheer and decided the best way to do it is by creating a list of holiday essentials. I'm devoting the rest of this week to all things festive and would love to know what you do to get yourself in the "spirit". 

Holiday Inn is my all time favorite Christmas movie. There is just something about Bing Crosby that makes my heart melt. 

image via
This West Elm faux fur throw is definitely on my Christmas Wish List. I envision myself snuggled up on the couch under this for the remainder of December. 

Image Detail
We all know of my love for hot chocolate (which pretty much lasts year round) but a cup of Ghiradelli hot cocoa with cinnamon and whipped cream really puts me in the mood for the holidays.

Fair Isle camp socks
image via
Wool socks are a wintertime staple in my house. And these ones from Jcrew are perfection.

Image Detail
Every year my mom and I spend a whole day in the kitchen baking. These spritz cookies continue to be a favorite- and they're super easy, too!

image via
While I have my shopping techniques perfected, this year I want to focus on the presentation of the gifts I give with some festive gift wrap.


No comments:

Post a Comment