Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Enjoying Life

how true

I apologize for the radio silence these past couple of days. I was in Nashville all weekend (more to come on this tomorrow) and have been trying to get back in the swing of things. I didn't want to do a half-hearted post so I figured no post was the better route. 

Also, I saw this quote and it really got me thinking about a few things. In college, I found myself constantly counting down the days til any event I had coming up. I would countdown until the next time I'd see my boyfriend, my friends from home, until the next social with my sorority. You get the picture. And while I don't see anything wrong with a little anticipation- I am really going to start trying to live day by day. So much time is wasted waiting for bigger and better things to happen, but the normal days where I go home and eat with my family and watch crappy reality TV are just as important.

I'll be back with my weekly wants later this afternoon! :) 


3 comments:

  1. goood quote! I am with you on the college countdowns. now that it's done Im like what now?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I countdown all the time and feel the same way you do- I need to enjoy EVERY day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley I totally get you! I need to do this more too. Why do we think the big stuff is only what matters? I agree, the here and now is so much better!

    ReplyDelete